Before an Android device can be processed the device must be activated and put in debug mode. This process will consume some time. This process can be done faster by having the devices activated via NFC tag. This will bring the time down from 10-15 minutes to 1 minute, per device. This feature is available for Android 6.0 and newer.
Importante note: Before this process can be started, make sure the software Wireless network settings are working/setup properly. Meaning the WiFi settings must work. Those settings will be copied to device and will only make it work if those credentials are correct.
Automatic device activation for Android with NFC requirements:
• Activated Android device to write a tag
• At least one NFC tag
NFC tags can be used also when performing Diagnostics NFC test (for both Android and iOS devices)
NFC tags specifications:
• Type: Type 2
• Chip: NTAG216
• Tag needs to support reading and writing
Note: We recommend using on-metal NFC tags on metal surfaces.
WRITING NFC TAG
1. Configure wireless network in PiceaServices settings
2. Connect the activated and NFC-enabled Android device to computer with USB cable
3. Set up MTP file transfer mode by following these instructions
4. Allow USB debugging on the device
5. Select Write tag in PiceaServices
6. Select Start writing in PiceaServices
7. Follow instructions on the device
8. Locate the NFC chip on the back of the device by moving the tag until you hear a sound.
9. Hold the tag in place for few seconds. If writing fails, press Start writing again in PiceaServices.
10. Disconnect the device from the computer
11. You can write more tags, if required
ACTIVATE DEVICES WITH NFC TAG
1. Note Don’t connect the non-activated device with USB cable yet
2. Locate the NFC chip on the back of the device by moving the tag until you hear a sound
3. Complete the activation by accepting all the requests on the device
4. You can activate more devices with the same tag
If you have any issue during the setup of the software, config files or anything else, please contact us via one of below options.
Our official support hours are 8:00 am to 16:30 pm, after those hours emailing us or submitting a ticket would be the best option.